It had been way too long since I had seen Danielle, one of my best friends from Vermont. The last time I saw Danielle was over 5 years ago when she drove through Park City, UT on her drive to move from Vermont to Oregon. I don’t know why I waited so long to go visit her because I already want to go back. I flew in on a Friday night and left Tuesday night. I was lucky that Danielle had planned an awesome long weekend for me in Portland! Here are some highlights of my trip:
Surfing and hanging out at Cape Kiwanda State Park on the Oregon Coast.
Biking around the city, and along the Esplanade while enjoying ice cream cones. Talent people, that’s talent.
Hiking in the Oneonta Gorge to the most amazing waterfall. I really felt the Pacific Northwest vibes on this hike.
Taking in the beauty of the Peninsula Rose Garden Park.
Not pictured (plus so much more):
- Eating and drinking our way through the city of Portland.
- Browsing countless vintage shops and scoring a pair of sweet Wrangler jeans.
- Using Car-To-Go – the coolest, most luxurious, car rental service.
- Dining on the Columbia River during happy hour – some of the cheapest apps and drinks I’ve ever had.
- Buying countless souveners at the PDX Airport – of course some that featured the famous PDX carpet pattern.
- Reminiscing and laughing about the good old days with Danielle.