Every morning I wake up and make some type of juice or smoothie. People talk all the time about juicing vs. blending. Well, that’s why I do both.
I have always been a HUGE fan of juicing. It is an instant, refreshing, pick-me-up that gives you loads of energy. The nutrients in juice absorb into your bloodstream faster than a smoothie because your body doesn’t need to use energy to digest any fiber, which has been removed with the pulp. My favorite juice:
- A few big handfuls of spinach
- A few big handfuls of kale
- A half of a lemon
- An apple or a cucumber
- And, a big chunk of ginger!
Smoothies on the other hand are packed with fiber and you consume the entire fruits and veggies that you start with – which means less waste. I tend to blend when I am more hungry and know that I will need energy for a long amount of time OR when I need that extra protein after the trail to get me through my day. Blend it:
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (blend with filtered water first until it is liquid)
- Then add; a half of a banana (frozen is better)
- Frozen mixed berries
- Scoop of vanilla plant protein powder OR a serving of flaxseed
Now, if only juicers and blenders did not take up so much counter space….